Who was Roger Pinckney? Wiki, Biography, Age, Family, Cause of Death

Roger Pinckney Wiki – Roger Pinckney Biography

Roger “Rocky” Pinckney, 44, died of a bacterial infection a week after a father-daughter dinner at the Rustic Inn Crabhouse in Fort Lauderdale, where he ate raw oysters. Pinckney worked at the same family-run Rustic Inn Crabhouse in Fort Lauderdale two decades ago as a busboy. According to a medical report, Pinckney arrived at Pembroke Memorial Hospital on the night of July 23 with nausea and abdominal pain. He had eaten oysters at the Rustic Inn Crabhouse in Fort Lauderdale two days earlier.

He tested positive for Vibrio vulnificus, a pathogenic bacteria found in marine environments, at the hospital. On July 31, he was pronounced dead after a week of emergency surgeries and a double amputation, the Seattle Times reported. According to Gary Oreal, manager of the Rustic Inn, the South Florida man dined there one day when the Rustic Inn served up 100 dozen oysters, and he was the only one who got sick. “He had that one in a billion that was bad,” Oreal said. “I feel horrible.” Doctors later confirmed that he had vibrio, a bacterium that can kill up to a third of infected people if raw or undercooked shellfish are eaten.

Roger Pinckney Age

Roger Pinckney was 44 years old.

Roger Pinckney Cause od Death

Investigators from the Florida Department of Health visited the kitchen and investigated the oyster inventory the day after Pinckney became ill and was hospitalized, according to Oreal, whose father founded the Rustic Inn in 1955. “We passed with flying colors and were allowed to continue selling oysters,” he told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

“Oysters are the top of the mountain for eating dangerous foods,” Oreal said. “I have eaten them all my life, and I will continue. But you’re putting yourself at risk when you do.” “Over the course of 60 years, we’ve served a couple billion oysters and nobody’s ever gotten sick like this guy did,” Oreal said. Celebrities like LeBron James and Blac Chyna have visited the Rustic Inn in the past, eager to try their famous garlic crab.

Pinckney was president of Davie-based 5 Diamond Construction Inc and owner of Seminole Auto Salon and Rocky’s Pest Services. Pinckney’s daughter said she and her father went to the Rustic Inn on July 21 to celebrate his high school graduation and her birthday, the Seattle Times reported. “I called him on her birthday and he wasn’t feeling well,” her father said. “He didn’t want to go out. He said we can celebrate next week and then he went to the hospital,” he told the news outlet.

According to the Florida Department of Health website, there have been 26 cases in 2022 of people in Florida who have been infected. According to the Pensacola News Journal, a community leader named Rodney Jackson died of Vibrio on August 9. The oyster had also come from Louisiana and he ate it at Maria’s Fresh Seafood Market. Dr. Robert “Wes” Farr of the University of West Florida told the news outlet that Vibrio infections linked to raw shellfish and oysters are more common in the summer.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an oyster infected with Vibrio looks, smells and tastes just like any other oyster. “Vibrio vulnificus is a problem we’ve had for years,” said Dr. Mary Jo Trepka, a professor of epidemiology at Florida International University. “It’s a bacteria that occurs naturally in salt water or brackish water.” “That’s why when you go to the restaurant, there’s often a little message on the menu that says raw and undercooked seafood can be dangerous,” she said. “It absolutely can be dangerous. I think people just forget about that.”

The CDC estimates that approximately 80,000 people in the United States get vibriosis each year, and 100 people die as a result. Most of these diseases occur from May through October, when the water temperature is warmest. Within the first 24 hours of ingesting the bacteria, patients typically experience watery diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea, and vomiting, with symptoms lasting three days. However, severe illness is “rare,” according to the CDC, unless someone has a weakened immune system. In mild cases, no treatment is required; however, antibiotics may be used in more severe cases.

One in three people who contract the bacteria die from the infection, and it is also responsible for 95 percent of deaths in the United States. According to estimates, approximately 100 people die in the United States each year as a result of a bacterial infection.

Read Aslo: Who was Princess Diana? Wiki, Biography, Age, Family, Cause of Death