Who was Kiena Dawes? Wiki, Biography, Age, Family, Missing, Found Dead, Cause of Death


Kiena Dawes Wiki – Kiena Dawes Biography

Kiena Dawes, was reported missing just hours before she was struck by a train and pronounced dead at the scene last July. After her death, her family claimed that she had been a victim of domestic abuse which led to the taking of her own life and claimed that Lancashire police ‘let them down’.

The police watchdog said an officer on the force now faces an investigation because a man was released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of assaulting Kiena 11 days before her death. The investigation is ongoing, but the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) confirmed that the unnamed officer has now been notified and faces potential misconduct proceedings.

Kiena Dawes Age

Kiena Dawes was 23 years old.

Kiena Dawes Cause of Death

An IOPC spokesperson said: “Our investigation into previous contact between Lancashire Police and Kiena Dawes, prior to her death on July 22, 2022, continues.” she had been the victim of assaults .”After having obtained and reviewed a number of witness statements, to understand the nature of the contact between the officers and Ms. Dawes, an officer has been notified of gross misconduct in connection with her actions which led to a man being released. out on bail earlier in July of last year.

“This does not necessarily mean that misconduct proceedings will follow “Our thoughts are with the loved ones of Miss Dawes and all those affected by her death.” Kiena was reported missing after she left her nine-month-old daughter, Marnie, with a close friend and disappeared on July 22 of last year.

Her body was recovered from the railway tracks near the town of Garstang, Lancaster, as friends and family frantically searched the nearby streets and alleys for her. But before they could locate the missing 23-year-old, they received the horrifying news that her body had been found on a railway just after 1 p.m.

Lancashire Police confirmed that a 28-year-old man from Fleetwood had been arrested on suspicion of assaulting her on July 11, days before her suicide. Despite allegations of domestic abuse, the man was released on bail pending further investigation and no charges were filed against him.

Her heartbroken family claimed that Kiena had been living in fear and had repeatedly sought help from the police in the weeks leading up to her death. They released shocking photos showing her bloodied and bruised after an alleged assault that occurred after police installed panic alarms at her home.

Lancashire Police later confirmed that a mandatory referral had been made to the IOPC, which investigated whether the force acted sufficiently in response. to allegations of violence against Kiena and locate her once she was reported missing.

IOPC Regional Director Catherine Bates added: “The death of Kiena Dawes is a tragedy that has had a devastating impact on her family and friends. “Our thoughts remain with her loved ones and all those affected. “Our independent investigation will help establish actions taken by police, both in response to reports of violence and in locating her once she was reported missing.

“We have spoken to Ms Dawes’s family to explain our role and will keep them informed of the progress of our investigation.” Kiena’s older brother, Kynan, said that after her death, the force equipped her home with a panic alarm and gave her a special necklace that had a button she could press.

But he said this did not stop her attacker from going to her home on July 11, before she allegedly split his head open, leaving her “completely traumatized.” And he said the police should have done more to help her as she tried to bring her alleged attacker to court. He said at the time: “The police have let my sister down, they have. She wanted to go through legal means to get justice.”

“The girl is dead now, but she should have gone to CPS a long time ago. She didn’t want to live a life like the one she was living, so she ended it.” “They didn’t do enough. The head of the CID is going to check everything with a toothpick. “They’re going to find out why nothing happened and why she got to the point where she felt the service wasn’t taking care of her, which it should be, and she decided to take her life.”

Force faced heavy criticism for the way she handled the Nicola Bulley case at nearby St Michael’s On Wyre. The force was criticized by critics for revealing the nature of Nicola’s problems with alcohol and menopause at a press conference. This provoked a backlash from activists, parliamentarians and legal experts, and some.

Read Also: Who was Laisha Perez and Melany Torres? Wiki, Biography, Age, Family, Cause of Death 

About readinfos 7944 Articles

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.